We are currently seeking to appoint a new Trustee/Director, with financial management and accounting skills, to fulfill the Treasurer role.
About the role …
This role will suit someone with previous experience of finance administration who is seeking to contribute to the heritage world, and with time available to support the charity and improve its financial reporting.
- The role anticipates a time commitment of approximately 2 days per month (variable)
- The Treasurer will be a signatory to the bank accounts and it is essential that they are an experienced user of online banking
- A familiarity with the charity sector would be an advantage
- Bath Industrial Heritage Trust Ltd will do a criminal record check (DBS check) prior to confirming an individual to take up this role
The Treasurer will:
- Authorise all expenditure via online banking – minimum weekly
- Maintain up-to-date overview of two current accounts and savings account
- Liaise with the charity’s accountants who provide the payroll service, to ensure that salary, pension and HMRC payments are made in a timely manner
- Work with the company secretary to prepare finance reports to the Board (three meetings per year)
- Liaise with the charity’s accountants to prepare the annual accounts for independent examination
- Submit Gift Aid claim annually in arrears to HMRC
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget (working with the company secretary)
- Attend monthly meeting of management committee (meeting for 5 hours)
About the Museum of Bath at Work …
- A unique museum telling the story of Bath’s working and industrial history
- 8,000 visitors p/a (pre-Covid-19 figures) from UK and
- Permanent displays of the working history of Bath over 2,000 years, including the B. Bowler soft drinks factory and engineering workshops
- Charity and limited company with an annual turnover £60-70K
- The Museum does not receive any regular public funding
- Temporary exhibitions
- Annual Cross Lecture
- Annual award to local schools
- Talks, films, lectures
- Room hire for private and public events, theatre, film screenings etc
- We operate with a paid Director (the only employee) supported by 40 volunteers and enthusiasts
- Supported by the Friends of the Museum of Bath at Work
About the Board of Trustees …
Currently 8 Trustees / Directors, comprising Chair, Company Secretary, and 6 other Trustees each with different skills & experience covering engineering, science, education, heritage, history, and strategic & business planning & management.
Formally meets three times a year (meeting for approximately 2 hours).
Trustees are voluntary positions by application/invitation & interview, serving for 3-year terms.
To express interest in this role …
Please summarise your relevant experience and provide the names of two referees (references will be followed up)